An Important Message to Parents
This contains important safety information. For your child's safety, it is your responsibility to review this information both personally and with your child to ensure all precautions are taken. And it is your responsibility to ensure your child understands all warnings, cautions, instructions, and safety topics. In addition, it is important to ensure that all safety gear is worn and in good working order. We recommend that you periodically review and reinforce the information in this document with younger riders and that you inspect and maintain your child's safety equipment and Alterskate board to ensure their safety.
- Alterskate riding can be a very hazardous activity. The Alterskate can, and is intended to, move when used. Therefore, it is possible to get into dangerous situations and/or lose control and/or fall off. If such things occur, the rider can be seriously injured or can die.
- Like any other moving product, using an Alterskate can be a dangerous activity and may result in injury or death, even when used with proper safety precautions. Use at your own risk and use common sense.
- Always wear proper protective equipment such as ANSI, SNELL, CPSC or ASTM approved helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, and wrist guards. Always wear long durable pants (such as blue jeans), longs sleeve shirts, protective shoes, and other safety equipment. Wear athletic lace-up shoes with rubber soles. Don't ride barefoot or in sandals. Keep shoelaces out of the way of wheels or mechanisms.
- Use Alterskate only on smooth, dry, level ground without loose debris such as rocks, gravel, or sand.
- Never use the Alterskate at dusk or night or in wet or icy conditions.
- Avoid water, speed bumps, sand, gravel, and anything else that could cause your wheels to stop spinning. When in doubt, error on the side of caution.
- Do not exceed 220 pounds (100 kilograms) total weight on the Alterskate.
- Do not allow children under the age of eight (8) to use the Alterskate. Children under the age of ten (10) should always ride with adult supervision.
- Never ride in traffic and watch your surroundings for cars, motorcycles, pedestrians, bikes, skateboards, scooters, and other vehicles. Use the Alterskate in areas free from fixed or moving hazards such as poles, hydrants, parked cars, trash cans, landscape obstructions, stairs, traffic, and other hazards.
The risk of injury or even death increases as the degree of trick difficulty increases. Rider assumes all risk associated with trick riding activities. Be careful and know your limitations.
- The Alterskate was manufactured for performance and durability, but it is not impervious to damage. Trick riding can increase stress or damage. Care should be taken to constantly check for damage and avoid riding the Alterskate if any damage might preclude safe operation.
- The rider assumes all risks associated with riding the Alterskate.
- Failure to use common sense and heed these warnings further increases risk or serious injury. Use at your own risk and with the appropriate and serious attention to safety and cautious operation.
- Warning: Always inspect the Alterskate prior to riding. Properly inspect and maintain your Alterskate to reduce the risk of injury. Always inspect your Alterskate before riding and regularly maintain it.
- Warning: Your Alterskate has been built to specific design and manufacturing specifications. All the original equipment supplied at the time of sale were selected on the basis of their compatibility with the frame, wheels, disks, bearings, mechanisms, and all other parts of the Alterskate. Certain after-market products may or may not be compatible with your Alterskate. Consult Alterskate if you have any questions prior to modifying or replacing any component with a non-factory specified product.
- Rider assumes all risks associated with riding the Alterskate after modifying or replacing any components.
- Warning: Check local laws regarding Alterskate and skateboard use to see where and how you may use your Alterskate legally. In many states and local areas, Alterskate and skateboard riders may be required by law to wear a helmet. Check local laws and regulations regarding laws governing helmet use and skateboard operation. In addition, some local laws and regulations may prohibit use of Alterskate on public property.
- Warning: Aggressive and other stunt-type riding reduces your ability to maneuver and control your Alterskate. Take the necessary precautions such as wearing appropriate protective gear and practice in a safe area for any stunt riding free from distractions or obstructions.
- Warning: You will see people on videos, or maybe even people you know, doing tricks or stunts on an Alterskate. These are people who have been practicing a long time and who accept the risks of trick riding activity. Do not assume that you can attempt to do the same tricks without great risk.
- This written Limited Warranty is the only warranty for Alterskate. There are no other express or implied warranties associated with the Alterskate.
- The manufacturer warrants this Alterskate product to be free of manufacturing defects for a period of three (3) months from the date of purchase. This Limited
- Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, nor any damage, failure, or loss caused by improper maintenance, storage, or use of the Alterskate.
- This Limited Warranty is void if the product is used in a manner other than for recreation or transportation, modified in any way, or rented.
- Check local laws and regulations to see where you can ride your Alterskate legally. The manufacturer is not liable for either incidental or consequential loss or damage due either directly or indirectly from the use of this product, either on public or private property.
- We do not offer an extended warranty.
- Save your original sales receipt or email notification for your records. Alterskate packaging is designed to ensure product protection. Save your original packaging in case warranty related shipping is required.
For spare parts or questions regarding your Alterskate, please contact Alterskate through our websites SHOP page.